We are excited to host the HealthTECH Startup Competition once again, but this year we are pursuing a virtual execution of the competition during the week of Nov. 16th.
Sponsored by Insight Innovation Center and MATTER, this annual event is a valuable platform for up-and-coming device and digital health startups to gain visibility to key industry and community stakeholders.
What are the competition goals?
- Improve lives by bringing innovative health solutions to patients
- Encourage entrepreneurship in the healthcare industry
- Grow the drug delivery and medical device innovation ecosystem
- Connect investors and corporations with early-stage companies
- Visibility to hundreds of key industry leaders
- Direct feedback from jury professionals with proven track records of successfully bringing emerging technologies to market
- Potential for private mentorship opportunities
- $20,000 in cash and prizes – including six month free membership to MATTER and other in-kind services to advance toward commercialization
We are also including a fourth winning category again this year, the People’s Choice Award. On Friday the 20th, we’ll be collecting audience votes through Twitter. Tweet using the hashtag #InsightHealthTECH20.
Check out our 2019 HealthTECH Startup Competition Winners
PhotoniCare – PhotoniCare is commercializing their TOMi™ Scope, a handheld imaging/diagnostic device that can better diagnose ear infections. This is the only technology that can see into the middle ear.
Tivic Health – Using bio-electronic medicine, their ClearUP™ device locates and stimulates nerve fibers to treat allergy-related sinus pain, already creating over a billion dollars in value.
Rhaeos – Rhaeos is developing the first wearable shunt monitor. FlowSense™ is a novel, noninvasive thermal biosensor aiming to improve the quality of care for patients with hydrocephalus.
People’s Choice Award
CareBand – CareBand’s IoT wristband provides peace of mind for caregivers of dementia patients, tracking locations and providing predictive analytics with minimal disruptions.