Insight is a design innovation consultancy specializing in design development for medical devices, drug delivery, and consumer health. Leveraging more than 25 years in product development, we uncover valuable opportunities for our clients, innovate the technologies and experiences that enable them, and drive their development through commercialization.
At Insight we work with some of the most exciting companies in the world, from start-ups to global corporations, and teamwork and collaboration are at the center of everything we do. We’re always looking for talented individuals that are as passionate about helping our clients realize innovation as we are. We’re looking for a talented interaction designer to join our team in making compelling experiences and meaningful products.
You consider yourself a problem solver above all else. You are infinitely curious about how things work and how they could be improved, whether it’s a product, service, or workflow. You place end-users at the forefront, but can handle the challenge of balancing their needs against business objectives and technical limitations. Ultimately, your solutions are simple yet elegant and a pleasure to interact with.
You’re a bit of a generalist and can see yourself working in all parts of the user experience design process. In this role you’ll get to identify and assess user needs and opportunities, develop concepts, structure interactions, design user interfaces and other touch points, and test designs directly with users. If you don’t already possess the necessary abilities and tools, you look forward to learning about them.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Analyze and model user needs, tasks, and environments of use through user research and analysis
- Develop and communicate concepts through storyboards, workflow maps, system architectures, and wireframes
- Create mockups and interactive prototypes in varying levels of fidelity for concept validation and testing
- Design all aspects of visual interface appearance and behavior including layouts, icons, color palettes, transitions/animations, and interface elements
- Produce comprehensive specifications and maps that detail design solutions and rationale
- Bachelor in interaction design or other relevant degree
- Experience with design and prototyping tools such as Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Edge, Axure, Balsamiq, etc.
- Strong portfolio that reflects superb problem solving skills and an understanding of interaction and communication design principles and methodologies
- Proven ability to convey concepts effectively through compelling stories, whether visually, verbally, or through written communication
- General understanding of technological platforms, operating systems, and development environments — bonus if you know programming
Please apply only if your background, skills, and experience are a strong match for this role!
Send résumé and work samples to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include “UX Designer” in the subject line of your email.
No phone calls please.