Staff Industrial Designer
Insight is a design innovation consultancy. We help our clients compete and win across many product categories on a global scale. We primarily play in the medical arena from surgical tools and capital equipment to pharma delivery devices and lifestyle products. Whatever the product category our mission is to uncover relevant opportunities for our clients, create innovative solutions driven by user needs, and ensure the user experience is never compromised through commercialization. At Insight we work with some of the most exciting companies in the world, from healthcare start-ups to global corporations. Teamwork and collaboration are at the center of everything we do.
We are currently looking for a talented staff designer to join our team of professionals in making compelling experiences and meaningful products. This person should be a problem solver who can identify design challenges and create compelling solutions. They should be infinitely curious about how things work and how they could be improved, whether it’s a product, service, or workflow. They must place end-users at the forefront, but can handle the challenge of balancing their needs against business objectives and technical limitations. Additionally, they must be able to create compelling concept solutions and communicate them to others efficiently.
Our ideal candidate will be a bit of a generalist who is comfortable with all parts of the user experience design process. This may include identifying and assessing user needs and opportunities, developing concepts, structuring interactions, designing user interfaces (digital and physical), and testing designs directly with users. Or, at a minimum, has the aptitude and desire to develop these skills. Oh yeah…and you should check your ego at the door!
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and skills:
- Has a passion for all aspects of the design process from upfront discovery to detailing CMF and discrete interface elements
- Analyze and model user needs, tasks, and environments of use based on research analysis
- Develop and communicate innovative ideas through concept sketches, digital renderings, and engaging storyboard narratives
- Create mock-ups and interactive prototypes in varying levels of fidelity for concept validation and testing
- Produce comprehensive documentation that map design solutions to a defined rationale
- Bachelor in Industrial Design or other relevant degree
- Experience with design and prototyping tools such as Adobe Suite, SolidWorks, Rhino, Sketchbook, etc.
- Strong portfolio that reflects superb problem solving skills and an understanding of design principles and methodologies
- Proven ability to convey concepts effectively through compelling stories, visually and verbally
- Bonus: competencies in graphic design, GUI development and/or front end coding
Please apply only if you meet the requirements!
Send your résumé and work samples to: USCHIhr356@nemera.net
Please include “Staff Designer” in the subject of your email.
No phone calls please.
NOTE: you must be legally qualified to work in the US. You must be a US citizen or have permanent resident status to qualify. We are unable to sponsor work visas at this time.